Five “Out-of-the-Box” Wedding Proposal Ideas
Buying an engagement ring is often less stressful than the act of proposing. During our important role creating each couple’s special ring, we usually ask, “how are you going to present the ring?” In fact, often times, our professional diamond experts end up helping our clients create that very special memory. Our motto that Every Box has a Story™ is taken seriously, not just for the trust in creating the engagement ring, but then again for this incredible moment in our customer’s lives. Over the years, we’ve shared some very memorable proposals—some extravagant, some sentimental, and some even funny! In this post, we share some of our favorite ideas, and help you think outside of the “box”:
- ‘A Sipping Surprise’ - Here is an easy proposal experience that has been used many times over the years. It’s still a favorite. For this one, you better know she will say yes, so it’s not an embarrassing moment! Call the restaurant and meet with the maître. Set up where in the restaurant you want a special table, and when during the dinner you want to ask for her to marry you. Instruct the waiter to bring over the ring in either a champagne glass or as a topping with her favorite dessert. It’s all about timing, and usually the waiter and maître will pay close attention to your plans. Holds hands, take a knee, or make a toast before she sips the champagne holding the engagement ring. We promise that after she says yes, the entire restaurant will applaud and congratulate you both! What’s better than food and a cocktail with an engagement ring?
- ‘A Walk in the Woods’ - Hiking and walking in your favorite area with someone you love is both relaxing and private for couples that enjoy the outdoors. Skiers love mountains, surfers love dunes, and hikers love the woods. Find a great spot, and select the perfect place to stop along one of these areas and pop the question. Make sure it’s both personal and private with a great element of surprise. If you’re not giving away the surprise, carry a backpack, and have a favorite food or drink with you to celebrate the moment. After she says yes, the beautiful setting will add to the great selfies you’ll take!
- ‘On the Road’ - Many couples that come to our stores love the idea of travel, and end up planning an experience months in advance. What is better than a memory at an iconic spot somewhere on a great vacation? Yes, the Eiffel Tower is romantic, but remember where you offer the ring is important for the special moment and your element of surprise and privacy. Tears, screams of joy, and the danger of dropping the ring (see below) should all be considered before you pop the question.
- ‘Show Time!’ – Music and entertainment can play an important role when popping the question. One great story involved a couple strolling near Faneuil Market in Boston and coming across a mime. The mime staged popping the question to a young lady, so then our customer could mimic the mime. Of course, he had the ring in hand to make the experience a very real moment.
- ‘A Forever Playlist’ – Consider proposing to special songs on your iTunes, and anything that might signify your special relationship or display an additional individual memory for this celebratory occasion. Make it fun!
Sometimes there are also those proposal plans that make us nervous. For example, on one occasion, after a long hike, our client popped the question on top of a cliff. The bride-to-be was so tired and nervous that she dropped the ring! With this story in mind, you can imagine our thoughts when a recent customer confided that he was going to ask his girlfriend to marry him on a chairlift in Vermont? Fortunately, we received the text that all went well and the ring was safely on her finger.
It’s exciting to share these engagement stories as the first narrative for the lifetime partnership with our customers. We get to grow with our clients as they move from engagement to wedding and begin to shop for wedding rings and bridal jewelry. Hopefully you have seen the great engagement and wedding stories we have been allowed to post on our LBG Instagram page.
The stories of how and where our customers get engaged never cease to excite us. Let us be part of your story. To schedule an appointment with our non-commissioned staff and review our beautiful diamonds meeting your desires and budget requirements, contact us today. Visit with us at LBGreen.com and schedule an appointment, or call 1-800-524-7336.