William Yeoward Crystal came into existence in 1995, the result of a remarkable collaboration between Timothy Jenkins and William Yeoward.

William Yeoward, already a noted designer working in the field of furniture, lighting, fabrics, and interior accessories, with a store on London’s fashionable King’s Road, was an avid collector of antique crystal, but felt that there was little contemporary crystal that was truly beautiful. Timothy Jenkins, third generation in the family owned crystal business John Jenkins, founded in 1901, had an intimate knowledge of the European crystal industry and for some years had been making reproductions of antique pieces.

A chance meeting in 1993 brought Timothy Jenkins and William Yeoward together and they quickly found that they shared a passion for the beautiful crystal of the 18th and 19th Centuries and both wished that these wonderful pieces could once again be created and preserved for posterity. They decided to pool their diverse talents and a collection of some 60 – 70 pieces of tableware and decorative pieces was exhibited at the Decorex Interior Design Fair in London in the Fall of 1995.